When traveling creating outfits should include garments and accessories that can multi-function and mix and match. Using clothes in similar color palettes is always my recommendation! Beach essentials should include the following:
Shorts- Bring at least two pairs! Denim and white are ideal. Great for sightseeing and the beach!
Tops- Here’s were I try to keep it simple. At least 3-4 basic tanks in black, white, grey, and one vibrant color!
2-3 Swimsuits- if packing swimsuits try for mix and match options!
One Pair of Full Length Bottoms- the ocean air can bring cooler temperatures so pack at least one pair of full length bottoms..leggings, jeans, white pants…
A Cardigan-air condition and ocean breezes warrant at least one cardi!
One Evening Dress- choose something that when paired with heels you’ll have a night on the town look or when paired with flat sandals you’ll have a day around town look!
A Swimsuit Cover-Up- find a cover-up that can multi-function as a dress or a tunic!
Handbags- at least two. A tote for the beach and a clutch for nights out that converts to a crossbody for days of being about!
Shoes- Ok. Admittedly, I am a shoe overpacker but I know enough to tell you 5 pairs is more the enough! First, a pair of slip on, sleep of thongs (a.k.a. flip-flops), a comfortable pair of walking sandals, a wedge sandal for dinners out, a great stiletto for a special night, and lastly sneakers for the hotel gym or a run along the beach!
jewelry One statement necklace that can coordinate with multiple ensembles. Stacked bracelets and 2 pairs of earrings…one day, one evening!
Having a well packed cosmetics bag will insure unnecessary trips to the local drugstore! That’s the last place I want to be on a getaway!
Here’s your packing list…
1. Lip Care- keep your lips healthy and protect them from dangerous UV rays with a healthy, natural sunblock. As a a retired Dental Hygienist I can tell you skin cancers are common on our mouths as we forget this is delicate skin just like other parts of our body! Then of course for after sun, a moisturizing lipstick or balm!
2. Skin Care- Once again a healthy sunscreen and a moisturizer! These are my 2 favorites! The skin needs protection and nourishment!
3. Facial Care- I always travel with make-up wipes to remove make-up and cleanse my face! Nothing worse than hotel bar soap! Then after a day in the sun, a quenching oil based moisturizer filled with antioxidants will keep your skin young and healthy!
4.A Traveling Cosmetics Bag
5. Waterproof Mascara! Heat, sun, and water make this a must!
6. A travel size make-up palette
7. Nail polish- sand being the great exfoliant it is will ruin even the best of manicures and pedicures!
Must-Have’s; that will keep you entertained and equipped…include books, magazines, Ipad, charger, phone, and a passport if needed!
Hope you all make it to the beach for sun, sand, and salt this summer…there’s nothing better….xo Robin