$40 – glamorous.com
The greatest piece of advice I can offer a woman about looking good is having the right undergarments! Especially well-fitting and garment appropriate bras! Now, that the warmer temperatures have arrived and we’re wearing less the girls are more visible. Your bra is crucial! Making sure you have the following will keep the girls sitting high, and allow for a flattering silhouette!
8 Summer Undergarment Must-Haves:
1. The Perfect T-Shirt Bra- The fit is so essential here! A t-shirt bra needs to hold your boobs high, as all your bras should, not show any spillage, and be nude in color!
2. A Racerback Bra- Summertime usually means tanks tops. Therefore a Racerback should be an essential!
3. Lingerie Tape- Great for button down tops that have an area that needs closure. Or holding bra straps in place!
4. A Strapper- A great invention that can convert a traditional bra into a Racerback or prevent falling straps!
5. Pasties- For those who can go braless!!! Covers up the nipples!
6. A Bralette- I recommend these all the time for under sheer tops!
7. A Backless Bra- these are awesome for tops or dresses that are cut low in the back!
8. A Bandeau- For those times when you put something on, lift your arm, and see your bra!
It’s been proven that the most anxiety producing clothing item a woman can shop for is a swimsuit!! Not many women take comfort in buying a garment that has them parading around in public half naked with nothing to hide behind unless they choose to wear a muu-muu? In order to build confidence and feel good about the way you look, it is important to learn what will flatter your body to its fullest potential! Here are my swimsuit picks for common body concerns…
Conceal a large chest- Look for swimsuits that have built in bras, underwire, and adjustable straps. Try a two-Piece suit that you can purchase in your actual bra size, it will actually give you a custom fit that you need. So many companies are doing this now! You want the girls well supported and not sagging, overflowing, spilling, or bulging!
Enhance a small chest- Choose anything that adds volume…ruffles, fringe, padding! Stay away from triangle string bikinis!
Conceal a tummy- If you haven’t thought about ever trying a two-piece, now is the time! High-Waisted two-piece swimwear is all the rage and is a perfect swimsuit choice for those who are looking to hide a belly! Or try one-piece swimsuits with ruching detail, ruching works miracles! Plus, anything that is lighter on top and darker at the mid-section will divert the
eye up and take attention away from your mid-section!
Create a waist- Look for swimsuits with color blocking, and defined definition at the waist! Bikinis are not ideal, but a tight fitted ruched tankini will work!
Elongate short legs- ok, so this is were less is more! Think of the signature Baywatch babe red swimsuit, with the super high cut legs! You want to stay away from heavy fabric on the hip and thigh area! No swim skirts for you ladies!!!!
Here’s to Looking Good and feeling good on the beach!