$2,530 – net-a-porter.com
$30 – missselfridge.com
$250 – theoutnet.com
$85 – tower-london.com
$240 – shopbop.com
$27 – harveynichols.com
$23 – net-a-porter.com
1. Culottes- For all of you from my generation you know what these are,for everyone else…these are those wide leg pants that fall below the knee! I love these paired with a heel! Great for the office, a night out, or a casual get together!
2. Printed Loose Fitting Pants- I love a printed bottom! Printed bottoms help hide flaws, make the perfect accompaniment to a black jacket, and provide a way to add color to your wardrobe!
3. A Leather or a Faux Leather Jacket- A Spring must! Here’s a way to add sophistication, and edge to a look. But from a practical sense, this jacket will offer a lightweight layer to put over your tee’s and dresses.
4. A Shirtdress- the shirtdress is the must have dress silhouette of the season! Especially in a casual chambray or denim fabric!
5. Fringe- Once again in, in any form…from handbags, to shoes, to kimono’s, and jackets… Try it for a fun boho-chic pop to your look!
6. The Backpack- Back with a vengeance! All I know, hands-free shopping…need I say more!!
7. The Frye Harness Boot- A must have all year, but perfect for the transition into the warmer months…wear with jeans, a dress, or shorts…and I promise these will last you forever and be worn more then any other shoe in your closet!
8. The Slip-On Sneaker- a must for weekend casual looks. Find a slip on sneak in animal prints, florals, suede, and bedazzled! Something for everyone…
9. Peep-Toe Shoe Boots- Let those feet breathe is all I can say!
10. Purple-Hued Hair- update, and brighten…thanks to Nicole Ritchie, Kelly Osbourne, and Katy Perry…purple hair is a must!!!
Now that Summer is officially here many of you are getting ready to pack up and head to the beach! Whether it’s a car ride away or an exotic destination that requires flying, being prepared will save you time, money, and prevent you from overpacking!
So most packers carry the 80/20 rule into their traveling: we wear 20% of the clothes in our closet 80% of the time??? Same holds true to the suitcase. Learning how to create well planned outfits in advance will ensure optimal clothing use!
When traveling creating outfits should include garments and accessories that can multi-function and mix and match. Using clothes in similar color palettes is always my recommendation! Beach essentials should include the following:
Shorts- Bring at least two pairs! Denim and white are ideal. Great for sightseeing and the beach!
Tops- Here’s were I try to keep it simple. At least 3-4 basic tanks in black, white, grey, and one vibrant color!
2-3 Swimsuits- if packing swimsuits try for mix and match options!
One Pair of Full Length Bottoms- the ocean air can bring cooler temperatures so pack at least one pair of full length bottoms..leggings, jeans, white pants…
A Cardigan-air condition and ocean breezes warrant at least one cardi!
One Evening Dress- choose something that when paired with heels you’ll have a night on the town look or when paired with flat sandals you’ll have a day around town look!
A Swimsuit Cover-Up- find a cover-up that can multi-function as a dress or a tunic!
Handbags- at least two. A tote for the beach and a clutch for nights out that converts to a crossbody for days of being about!
Shoes- Ok. Admittedly, I am a shoe overpacker but I know enough to tell you 5 pairs is more the enough! First, a pair of slip on, sleep of thongs (a.k.a. flip-flops), a comfortable pair of walking sandals, a wedge sandal for dinners out, a great stiletto for a special night, and lastly sneakers for the hotel gym or a run along the beach!
jewelry One statement necklace that can coordinate with multiple ensembles. Stacked bracelets and 2 pairs of earrings…one day, one evening!
Having a well packed cosmetics bag will insure unnecessary trips to the local drugstore! That’s the last place I want to be on a getaway!
Here’s your packing list…
1. Lip Care- keep your lips healthy and protect them from dangerous UV rays with a healthy, natural sunblock. As a a retired Dental Hygienist I can tell you skin cancers are common on our mouths as we forget this is delicate skin just like other parts of our body! Then of course for after sun, a moisturizing lipstick or balm!
2. Skin Care- Once again a healthy sunscreen and a moisturizer! These are my 2 favorites! The skin needs protection and nourishment!
3. Facial Care- I always travel with make-up wipes to remove make-up and cleanse my face! Nothing worse than hotel bar soap! Then after a day in the sun, a quenching oil based moisturizer filled with antioxidants will keep your skin young and healthy!
4.A Traveling Cosmetics Bag
5. Waterproof Mascara! Heat, sun, and water make this a must!
6. A travel size make-up palette
7. Nail polish- sand being the great exfoliant it is will ruin even the best of manicures and pedicures!
Must-Have’s; that will keep you entertained and equipped…include books, magazines, Ipad, charger, phone, and a passport if needed!
Hope you all make it to the beach for sun, sand, and salt this summer…there’s nothing better….xo Robin